Wednesday, July 29, 2009

a curious case of a flying wallet....

about a month ago i was leaving work and reached into my bag, to find, NO WALLET. it had been there when i got my venti iced coffee in the morning. where did it go? was it taken while i was crammed against everyone on the train that morning? did someone find it under my desk and steal it? doubtful. what the heck?

what an inconvenience. cancel all my cards, borrow cash, get a new ID...blah. plus i just bought this wallet, and it's freakin cute. ugh.


FIVE WEEKS LATER....

after work i get a call from my co-worker...he's wondering how i got on the train...i don't understand. he says my wallet is at work! but i have my wallet i say. no no no, my wallet from FIVE WEEKS AGO has now suddenly been returned. WHAT!?! apparently, a bartender from downstairs our work was out smoking and said he got hit in the head by this lady's wallet. so he saw my work ID and called upstairs. of course the first thing he said was "there was no money in it"...Mmmm Hmmmm well i had around $30 or $40...oh well. the perplexing thing is where the hell has it been for the last five weeks. did it really hit some guy in the head? how did it get somewhere to fall in the first place? hmmm so many questions. atleast its back.

if only wallets could talk.



1 comment:

SplendidlyImperfect said...

Dang. That is a cute wallet! I'm glad you got it back, even if it was without the money.